After topping multiple best of 2013 year end lists, Danny Brown will embark on the first official tour in support of his critically acclaimed studio debut, Old. “The Old Danny Brown Tour” will see the Fool’s Gold MC kick off dates in Europe, stopping over at SXSW and then weaving his way across the United States with a 28 date run. Recently, Danny has shared the stage with everyone from Sleigh Bells and Baauer to Trash Talk and Action Bronson, along with a special appearance from Megan James of Purity Ring, when he made his late night TV debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
THE OLD DANNY BROWN TOUR DATES
- 3/22 – New Orleans, LA Buku
- 4/02 – Syracuse, NY Schine Underground
- 4/03 – Burlington, VT Higher Ground
- 4/04 – Northampton, MA Pearl Street
- 4/05 – Providence, RI The Met
- 4/06 – NY, NY Bowery Ballroom
- 4/08 – Brooklyn, NY Music Hall Of Williamsburg
- 4/09 – Boston, MA Paradise
- 4/11 – Charlottesville, VA Jefferson Theater
- 4/12 – Carrboro, NC Cat’s Cradle
- 4/13 – Columbus, OH A&R Bar
- 4/15 – Pittsburgh, PA Altar Bar
- 4/16 – Buffalo, NY Waiting Room
- 4/19 – Poughkeepsie, NY Vassar College
- 4/22 – Lansing, MI The Loft
- 4/24 – Urbana, IL Canopy Club
- 4/25 – Madison, WI Majestic
- 4/27 – Columbia, MO Blue Note
- 4/29 – Fort Collins, CO Aggie Theater
- 4/30 – Albuquerque, NM Sunshine
- 5/02 – San Diego, CA Porter’s
- 5/03 – Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theater
- 5/04 – Santa Ana, CA Observatory
- 5/06 – Santa Barbara, CA Casa De La Raza
- 5/07 – Santa Cruz, CA Catalyst
- 5/09 – Eugene, OR Wow Hall
- 5/10 – Seattle, WA Showbox
- 5/11 – Portland, OR Roseland
- 5/13 – Salt Lake City, UT Complex
- 5/15 – Gulf Shores, AL Hangout Festival
Check out these vids of Kid Cudi performing two new songs, “Immortal” and “Just What I Am” on Jimmy Kimmel Live. His new album, Indicud will be out 4/23/13.
Gold Fields’ debut album Black Sun is armed with pop hooks, tribal beats, danceable rhythms, and plenty of emotion. Revered for their larger-than-life live show, the Australian quintet is on a national co-headlining tour with A Silent Film & Royal Teeth. Fans that can’t make it out to a show will have two chances to experience the band live on their two national TV appearances. They will make their debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live! performing “Dark Again,” February 27th on ABC. A special live performance will also air on Last Call With Carson Daly, March 28th on NBC.
The single “Dark Again” is a pop gem flecked with driving guitars and bright synths, all building to a heavy-hitting chorus that’s sure to make you move. This week, the band unleashed three unique remixes which highlight the group’s eclectic musicianship.
Stream: Gold Fields – “Dark Again” (Grouplove & Captain Cuts Remix)
Stream: Gold Fields – “Dark Again“ (Penguin Prison Remix)
Stream: Gold Fields – “Dark Again” (NOC/// Remix)
MTV and Billboard have named Gold Fields one of their 13 Artists to Watch in 2013. The result of relentless work and playful experimentation, Black Sun will be released February 26th via Astralwerks. The album is available for pre-order now. Be sure to catch Gold Fields LIVE on tour and stay tuned for more news + SXSW details!
Dangerbird Records and MapleMusic Recordings are excited to announce the release of the new record by the Grammy-nominated Silversun Pickups, Neck of the Woods, on May 8. The record was produced by the Grammy Award-winning Jacknife Lee (U2, Weezer, REM, Snow Patrol), and the song “Bloody Mary (Nerve Endings)” is the first single. The band is confirmed to perform from the Jimmy Kimmel Live! outdoor stage on release day, May 8.
Lead singer/guitarist Brian Aubert told Spin magazine that the songs sound “like a horror movie.” He continued, “[2009's] Swoon was more about what I was feeling at that particular time, whereas with this one, I wanted to see what built me. It was learning why I am the way I am.” When discussing the sound of Neck of the Woods, Aubert told Spin that drummer Christopher Guanlao steals the show. “We really wanted to play with drums as textures. We played around with drums coming in here and there and building atmosphere, which guitars usually do.” But he went on to joke, “I’m not going to let the others have all the fun. It’s still a rock record. We wanted to have moments of explosions like we’ve done in the past, but we didn’t want them to carry the whole song. There’s something a little bit psychotic sounding that we really like and we didn’t want to fill it entirely with big guitars.”
The band will be touring throughout 2012 and 2013.
Listen: Silversun Pickups – Bloody Mary (Nerve Endings)
Rock innovators MUTEMATH have been selected as VH1’s “You Oughta Know” artist for the month of November. Launched in 2004, VH1’s “You Oughta Know” program introduces promising new artists on the rise to VH1’s base of music lovers. Many “You Oughta Know” artists have gone on to win industry awards and accolades including “Best New Artist” Grammy Awards and nominations. This highly acclaimed franchise has helped break artists such as Adele, Bruno Mars, The Civil Wars, Foster The People, The Fray, Grace Potter and The Nocturnals, James Blunt, Mumford & Sons, Sara Bareilles, Regina Spektor and many, many others.
The Grammy-nominated band released their new album Odd Soul October 4, 2011 on Teleprompt/Warner Bros. Records. MUTEMATH celebrated with a release day performance of the first single off Odd Soul, “Blood Pressure” on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Watch here.
The video for “Blood Pressure,” which is climbing the charts at Alternative Radio, premiered last week on all of the MTV channels. MUTEMATH, who received a “Best Short Form Music Video” Grammy Award nomination in 2007 for their single “Typical,” conceived, coordinated and shot the “Blood Pressure” clip in less than 24 hours. It was edited entirely by drummer Darren King.
“Blood Pressure” and Odd Soul are already receiving critical praise. The NY Post called the track “fantastic” and Alternative Press praised the album as “brimming with raw, bluesy riffs and psychedelic guitar squeals…MUTEMATH explore emotional depths both sonically and lyrically, bringing a new sense of urgency to their music. 4 ½ stars.” The New Orleans band is currently previewing songs off the album on a headlining tour.
MUTEMATH headlining tour dates:
- 09/07 Charleston, SC -The Pour House
- 09/08 Greenville, SC – The Handlebar
- 09/09 Columbia, SC -New Brookland Tavern
- 09/10 Athens, GA – 40 Watt
- 09/12 Raleigh, NC – The Pour House
- 09/13 Wilmington, NC – The Soapbox
- 09/15 Richmond, VA – Canal Club
- 09/16 Charlottesville, VA – The Southern
- 09/17 Poughkeepsie, NY – The Loft
- 09/18 Hartford, CT – Webster Underground
- 09/20 Providence, RI – The Met
- 09/22 Buffalo, NY – Mohawk Place
- 09/23 Burlington, VT – Higher Ground
- 09/24 Albany, NY – Pearl Palooza (WEQX)
- 09/25 Cleveland, OH – The Grog Shop
- 09/27 Ann Arbor, MI -The Blind Pig
- 09/29 Lansing, MI – The Loft
- 09/30 Milwaukee, WI – The Rave Bar
- 10/01 Des Moines, IA – Vaudeville, Mews
- 10/02 Lawrence, KS – Bottleneck
- 10/07 Oklahoma, City, OK -The Conservatory
- 10/08 Waco, TX – Common Ground
- 10/09 San Antonio, TX – Endless Music
- 10/11 Little Rock, AK – Revolution Music Room
- 10/12 Memphis, TN – Hi-Tone
- 10/14 Baton Rough, LA – Chelsea’s
- 10/16 Pensacola, FL – Deluna Fest
- 10/17 Jacksonville, FL – Jack Rabbit’s
- 10/19 Knoxville, TN – The Square Room
- 10/20 Birmingham, AL -Workplay Theatre
- 10/21 New Orleans, LA – One Eyed Jacks
Singer/songwriter/pro surfer Donavon Frankenreiter is set to release his fourth album, Glow, today on his own label, Liquid Tambourine Records (through Warner Music Group‘s Independent Label Group). Frankenreiter’s Glow capitalizes on his playful rhythmic foundations and surfer-acoustic style. The eleven-track album showcases Donavon’s growth as a songwriter with upbeat, soothing songs and contagious hooks.
Watch the video for “Glow” HERE and set your DVR for Frankenreiter’s performance on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live October 26th. Frankenreiter’s headlining tour will find him here in Pittsburgh on Saturday, November 27th at Mr. Smalls Theatre. Also, there’s a new Donavon application for Android that pulls together his twitter feed, tour dates, photos and lyrics and song clips from Glow. Search “Donavon Frankenreiter” in the application marketplace to find it.