Tag Archives: Martin Solveig
Canadian electro-pop trio Dragonette burst onto the music scene with their infectious hit “Hello,” a collaboration with Martin Solveig. The song hit Top 10 in over 30 countries as well as achieving platinum status in the US and scoring the band a JUNO Award. An energetic pop anthem with a pulsing beat, Dragonette unleashed the Let It Go single earlier this month complete with remixes by Laidback Luke, The Knocks and Faustix & Imanos. Along with the recently released single “The Right Woman,” which was featured on Diane Von Furstenberg’s compilation Proud To Be Woman Vol. 3, Let It Go marks the first of many new tracks to come from the Toronto band as they gear up to release a new full-length. Written and produced by Dragonette, Let It Go is a club-worthy track with a fist-pumping chorus and infectious rhythm. Bridging the gap between 2009’s Fixin To Thrill and the band’s highly anticipated third studio album, Let It Go is available on iTunes, Beatport and all digital retailers.
Download: Dragonette – “Let It Go” (Faustix & Imanos remix) (in exchange for an email address)
- Video: Fedde le Grand, Deniz Koyu & Johan Wedel – Turn it (musicallyamusing.com)
Dragonette have spent the last two years working on special and successful collaborations. “Fire In Your New Shoes, ” their pairing with Kaskade, was a huge club hit worldwide, and one of the 4 songs they did with French DJ Martin Solveig, “Hello,” was a pop hit across the globe, going Top 10 in over 30 countries, achieving platinum status in the USA, getting synched 150 times in the process, and leading to Mr. Solveig producing Madonna. Now the band turn their attention to their own material again.
Preparing to release two brand new tunes this March, today sees the unveiling of Dragonette’s “The Right Woman” which appears on Proud to be Woman Vol. 3, a compilation put together by Diane von Furstenberg in celebration of International Women’s Day. The compilation will be released both digitally and as a limited edition Play button. All proceeds from the compilation benefit Vital Voices, an organization dedicated to empowering women worldwide. The track is a collaboration with producer Felix Blowxsom, who has worked with Sia and Empire of the Sun, and produces, remixes, and DJs under the Plastic Plates moniker. Check out some of his tracks here.
The band is also readying the video for the first proper new single “Let It Go” to be unleashed at the end of the month.
In conjunction with these releases, and in the lead-up to the release of Dragonette’s 3rd album (which is almost done!), Dan, Tina, and Joel are hitting the road to play a combination of new tracks and old favorites, stopping at SXSW and Coachella along the way. They will also pop in to the Juno Awards, where they’ll perform “Hello” and see if their nomination turns into their first win!
Dragonette Tour Dates
- Fri Mar 16 – Austin, TX – SXSW – Windish Agency Showcase @ Mohawk (Outside)
- Fri Mar 16 – Austin, TX – SXSW – Warp Magazine Showcase @ Friends
- Sat Mar 17 – More BBQ
- 3/21: Kingston, ON @ The Ale House – BUY TICKETS
- 3/23: Toronto, ON @ Canadian Music Awards – BUY TICKETS
- 3/23: Toronto, ON @ The Hoxton – BUY TICKETS
- 3/24: Waterloo, ON @ The Starlight – BUY TICKETS
- 3/28: Halifax, NS @ Pacifico – BUY TICKETS
- 3/30: St. Johns, NL @ Club One – Tickets Available at the Door
- 4/1: Ottawa, ON – Juno Awards @ Scotiabank Place – BUY TICKETS
- 4/6: Miami, FL @ The Mansion – BUY TICKETS
- 4/7: New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom – SOLD OUT
- 4/14: Indio, CA – Coachella Music Festival @ Empire Polo Club - SOLD OUT
- 4/19: Whistler, BC – World Ski & Snowboard Festival @ Skier’s Plaza – FREE SHOW
- 4/21: Indio, CA – Coachella Music Festival @ Empire Polo Club - SOLD OUT
In consideration of Japan, and the events of earlier this year; Martin will make a personal donation to the Red Cross in aid of their efforts.