Zulu Winter is gearing up to release Language, a debut album that has the immediate appeal of pop while at the same time packed with emotional insight. Inspired by everything from 19th century literature to obscure ‘60s electronica, Language will be released in North America on June 19 via Arts & Crafts. Until then, have a free download!
Download: Zulu Winter – “Silver Tongue”
“…music that shimmers like a sky full of fireworks” – NME “
catchy and anthemic indie-dance” – The Guardian
“UK reverby rockers” – BrooklynVegan
Perseverance and dedication are two things that the members of Zulu Winter are very familiar with. The four guys from Oxfordshire, England came together in their teens over a shared love of music and have been collaborating ever since. Now, twelve years after their first practice as a band, Zulu Winter is gearing up to release Language, a debut album that has the immediate appeal of pop while at the same time packed with emotional insight. Inspired by everything from 19th century literature to obscure ‘60s electronica, Language will be released in North America on June 19th via Arts & Crafts.
Language is a collection of multi-dimensional songs that bleed with sentiment and syncopated dance beats. The album opens with “Key To My Heart,” a sincere message of love that showcases the depth and richness of the band’s sound with layers of swirling instrumentation. The upbeat “Silver Tongue” is driven by an energetic bass line that leads to a danceable chorus. “Bitter Moon” is an emotionally charged track hinged on a powerful chorus, inviting listeners to experience a vulnerable side of the band. “We Should Be Swimming” is a melancholic pop-song running over a compelling rhythm. Zulu Winter released a chilling video for the track, and today they have released the song as a free MP3 download.
Download: Zulu Winter - “We Should Be Swimming”
Having played sold-out shows across Europe alongside acts like Friendly Fires and The Horrors, Zulu Winter is ready to bring its energetic live show to the US. The band will be hitting the road for a string of US dates this month, including multiple performances at SXSW. Be sure to catch Zulu Winter live in your city!
- 3/14: SXSW @ The Mohawk (Eat Your Own Ears & Laneway), 3:30pm
- 3/15: SXSW @ Cedar Street Courtyard (Filter Magazine party), 1pm
- 3/15: SXSW @ Latitude 30 (Clash Music UK party), 3pm
- 3/15: SXSW @ Tiniest Bar (Double Denim & LuvLuvLuv present), 5:15pm
- 3/16: SXSW @ Antones (Billions Official Showcase), 9:40pm
- 3/20: Chicago, IL @ Schubas
- 3/26: Boston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall (w/ Chairlift)
- 3/28: New York , NY@ Mercury Lounge (w/ Polica)
- 3/29: Brooklyn, NY @ Glasslands (w/ Willis Earl Beal)
- 3/30: Pawtucket, Rhode Island @ The Met Cafe (w/ Polica)
- 3/31: Northampton, MA @ Iron Horse (w/ Polica)
- 4/01: Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl (w/ Polica)