Wild Belle joins the Passion Pit tour on the heels of a handful of dates opening for Tennis and a brief stint in NYC that saw the band playing a headline set at Brooklyn’s Zebulon and a performance for the launch of Alexa Chung’s collaboration with Maje.
“Backslider” is another cut from the band’s forthcoming 2013 release Isles. The video, shot and directed by the siblings’ youngest brother Bennet, is an evocative tale of a man who keeps on slipping back into old habits and revisiting old flames. Using projected 35mm film slides from their mother’s travels through Australia, Asia and the American west; it’s these myriad of cultural influences from the siblings’ upbringing that’s reflected in Wild Belle’s music and visuals.
Wild Belle’s live performances have already been recognized for their catchy hooks and breezy sound. The duo, who hails from Chicago, has quickly become one of the most promising acts of 2012! The band received glowing reviews with performances from earlier this year at SXSW, as well as, a sold-out headlining show in London, and support gigs with The Temper Trap, !!!, and The Maccabees. The band also performed at Hideout Block Party in their hometown of Chicago this last month where the band caught up with the Chicago Tribune’s Greg Kot to talk about the birth of Wild Belle.
Wild Bell on tour:
- 10/18 Raleigh, NC Disco Rodeo * SOLD OUT
- 10/19 Charleston, SC Music Farm * SOLD OUT
- 10/20 Atlanta, GA Masquerade Music Park *
- 10/22 Lake Buena Vista, FL House of Blues*
- 10/23 Hollywood, FL ArtsPark Amp *
- 10/24 Gainesville, FL Stephen O’Connor Center *
- 11/25 San Diego, CA Casbah &
- 11/26 Los Angeles, CA Echo &
- 11/27 San Francisco, CA Bottom of the Hill&
- 11/29 Portland, OR Doug Fir &
- 11/30 Seattle, WA Neumos &
- 12/1 Vancouver, BC Electric Owl &
- 12/7 Minneapolis, MN 7th St Entry
- 12/8 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall %
- 12/9 Chicago, IL Metro %
* supporting Passion Pit
& co-headline with Deep Sea Diver
% supporting Of Montreal