Tag Archives: Jessica Lea Mayfield
Beginning today, one of the most popular Amazon Original holiday playlists will premiere brand new tracks to help listeners get into the festive spirit. From artists including Best Coast, Albert Hammond Jr., Matt Costa, and Jessica Lea Mayfield, “Indie for the Holidays” offers an incredible range of artists covering holiday classics and contributing new original songs. All songs are available exclusively for streaming today on Amazon Music through Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music.
On the list is Best Coast covering The Beach Boys’ “Little Saint Nick.” “Being from California and being heavily influenced by The Beach Boys we felt like we had to cover this one!,” said Best Coast’s Bethany Consentino. “Also always fun for me to cover a song with a wall of harmonies and background vocals because it’s my favorite part of recording vocals.”
The popular “Indie for the Holidays” playlist adds 18 new songs this holiday season, including tracks from some of the genre’s most acclaimed stars. Kevin Morby wraps up a banner year that saw the release of his widely lauded breakthrough City Music, by contributing a moody, crooning take on “Blue Christmas.” Charly Bliss, whose debut album Guppy has likewise seen widespread praise in 2017, offer a driving and delightful version of Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You.” DJ Camilo Lara’s Mexican Institute of Sound and indie rock mainstays Best Coast, Eisley, Albert Hammond Jr, and Dean & Britta also join the playlist for the first time this year.
Additionally, Matt Costa recorded his own track, “Anything Helps,” for individuals who are less fortunate around the holidays. Costa says, “I recently saw a friend who fell to a dark place and was too embarrassed to ask for help. People joined funds together to get him back on his feet and into a warm bed with shelter. ‘Anything Helps’ is dedicated to those who have donated time and money to help people in a crisis. It tears me up to see people suffer. But it is encouraging to see extra strong people lift the burden of others. I put heavy consideration into the title so the song did not have a negative feeling, but would inspire people to look at these problems and think of positive ways to help.”
New tracks on “Indie for the Holidays” include:
1. “Blue Christmas,” Kevin Morby
2. “All I Want For Christmas Is You,” Charly Bliss
3. “Coventry Carol,” Lemon Twigs
4. “Little Saint Nick,” Best Coast
5. “Oh Winter,” Eisley
6. “(There Won’t Be) One More Christmas,” Coco Hames
7. “Merry Christmas Baby,” Blond Ambition
8. “Brighid’s Flame,” Jeff The Brotherhood
9. “Anything Helps,” Matt Costa
10. “Christmas with Bandini,” Korey Dane
11. “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home),” Great Grandpa
12. “The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot,” Albert Hammond, Jr.
13. “Little Altar Boy,” Dean & Britta (with Sonic Boom)
14. “When The Snowflakes Fall,” Freedom Fry
15. “To Heck With Ole Santa Claus,” Jessica Lea Mayfield
16. “Feliz Navidad,” SUSTO
17. “Christmas in Latinoamerica,” Mexican Institute of Sound
18. “Wonderful Christmastime,” Slow Dancer