Standing strong between the high-handed anthemic choruses of the Killers and the retro synth melodies of MGMT, Gentlemen Hall has established itself as one of the most talked about bands to emerge from Boston in recent years. The band is gearing up to release a new EP this fall, but in the meantime, they’ll be taking their live show on the road, performing several festivals around the Midwest and East Coast, interspersed with several headlining dates.
Gentlemen Hall recently released their single “Sail Into The Sun”, which has garnered radio airplay nationwide, along with huge synchs in Target and Samsung commercials. RAC also gave it the remix treatment, which is available as a free download below.
Listen/download: Gentlemen Hall – “Sail Into The Sun” (RAC Remix)
Beginning as a group of friends hanging in college dorms in the mid 2000s, the 6 gentlemen formed the band in 2008. After winning numerous accolades such as MTV’s Best Breakout Band in 2009 and Boston Phoenix’s Best Act in 2011, the band was nominated and won Billboard’s Battle of the Bands and made history being the first independent band to perform on the Billboard Music Awards in 2011.
Upcoming US Tour Dates
- 8/23 – Chicago, IL – The Boulevard (Logan Square Music Festival, w/ The Whigs & more)
- 8/25 – Cleveland, OH – House of Blues
- 8/26 – Columbus, OH – The Basement
- 8/27 – Oxford, OH – Brick Street (free show)
- 8/29 – Minneapolis, MN – Nether Bar
- 8/31 – Indianapolis, IN – WARMfest (w/ Mayer Hawthorne, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., Delta Spirit & more)
- 9/21 – Canton, MA – Life Is Good Festival (w/ The Roots, Trampled By Turtles & more)
- 9/28 – Albany, NY – Pearlpalooza (w/ The Dirty Heads, Said The Whale, Cayucas & more)