London-based collective Jungle has revealed they will release their debut album in North America on July 15, 2014 (July 14 UK) on XL Recordings. Their eponymous album is set to be one of the summer’s most anticipated debut records, building on the success of their singles “Platoon”, “The Heat” and “Busy Earnin'”. Rolling Stone recently included the group in their “10 New Artists You Need To Know“.
Jungle are based around a core musical duo of lifelong friends known simply as ‘J’ and ‘T’, who expand to a thrilling seven piece live, and make mesmeric, kaleidoscopic modern soul that’s unmistakably born in the UK but has true global appeal (their “Platoon” video has already racked up more than 4 million views). The album was recorded between the band’s own home studio in Shepherds Bush, London and the XL Recordings studio in Ladbroke Grove.
The album track list is:
- The Heat
- Busy Earnin’
- Smoking Pixels
- Son Of A Gun
- Lucky I Got What I Want
- Lemonade Lake
*pre-order Jungle Jungle here
Meanwhile, Jungle will return to North America for their first headline tour to date in the country. The group will perform in NYC at their third sold-out show, as well as San Francisco for a sold-out show at The Independent on June 7, the day after they kick off their tour on June 6at The El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles. The group will come back in August to perform at this year’s Lollapalooza (full list of dates below).
JUNGLE North America Tour Dates
- Fri, Jun 6 – El Rey Theater – Los Angeles, CA
- Sat, Jun 7 – The Independent – San Francisco, CA *SOLD OUT
- Mon, Jun 9 – Doug Fir Lounge – Portland, OR
- Tue, Jun 10 – Neumos – Seattle, WA
- Fri, Jun 13 – Fine Line Music Cafe – Minneapolis, MN
- Sat, Jun 14 – Lincoln Hall – Chicago, IL
- Sun, Jun 15 – Lee’s Palace – Toronto, ON
- Tue, Jun 17 – The Sinclair – Cambridge, MA
- Wed, Jun 18 – Bowery Ballroom – New York, NY *SOLD OUT
- Thu, Jun 19 – Union Transfer – Philadelphia, PA
- Aug. 1-3 -Lollapalooza, Chicago, IL