Tag Archives: indie rock
“Blending 80′s art-rock, synth-pop, and a straight up indie rock chug, the band pours these genres together into a giant boiling cauldron of influences and come away with something that takes the best of each and leaves the rest to die by the wayside…” – Beats Per Minute
1. The Runner
3. Can’t Stop Shaking
4. House On Fire [Bonus Track]
5. House On Fire (SoundSAM Remix)
6. Can’t Stop Shaking (Soul Puncherz Remix)
Check out this video for a song called “Goodbye Serenade” from LA band The Rebel Light.
You can also check out their EP and get download it for free here. Listen to “My Heroes Are Dead”, that’s my jam.
Swedish band The Royal Concept, released their self-titled EP in June via Lava/Universal Republic (the full-length album due out in October). The band’s video for their breakout hit “Gimme Twice” has come out recently. With shimmering guitars and keyboards, and an immediately memorable hooks, the band swells with indie rock attitude and dance floor energy. They’ll also be touring extensively throughout the fall, first with The Wombats, then another leg with Wolf Gang.
Free download: The Royal Concepts – “Naked & Dumb”
Formed at Wesleyan College and now based in Brooklyn, the genre-melding indie quartet, Bear Hands, is gearing up to tour across the East Coast and Midwest this summer. The group will be performing tracks off of their Songs From Utopia Volume One EP, released digitally on July 4th through Greedhead, the record label from Heems of Das Racist. Bear Hand’s new material is tinged with political sentiment and infuses indie rock with such wide-reaching influences as folk, synth pop, psych and surf. This multifaceted approach follows suit for their live performances, which are sure to not only be unboundedly energetic, but also all encompassing.
BEAR HANDS TOUR DATES
- 7.26.12 Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop
- 7.27.12 Indianapolis, IN @ White Rabbit Cabaret
- 7.28.12 Milwaukee, WI @ Cactus Club
- 7.30.12 Minneapolis, MN @ 7th Street Entry
- 7.31.12 Des Moines, IA @ Vaudeville Mews
- 8.01.12 Chicago, IL @ Schubas Tavern
- 8.02.12 Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theatre
- 8.03.12 Cincinnati, OH @ Fountain Square
- 8.04.12 Pittsburgh, PA @ The Brillobox
- 8.05.12 Washington, DC @ The Red Palace
- 8.24.12 Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
Check out this incredible up-and-coming indie rock band from Savannah, GA called Cusses. The female fronted, firecracker three-piece recently debuted a new video for their single “Worst Enemy” and will be releasing a full-length album later this year. Give them a chance before you think, “Eww, all girl rock? Like a more rebellious sort of Cheetah Girls?” Nope. Don’t worry.
Austin, TX based indie-rock group The Rocketboys have released their long-awaited sophomore full-length album, Build Anyway. The album is currently streaming at AOL Spinner and PasteMagazine.com and is available for purchase on iTunes.
Scottish Indie rock band Holy Esque has announced plans to release their self-titled debut EP on April 23. The EP will be available digitally on iTunes and on CD at upcoming shows.
Listen to the new track “Rose” streaming now here.
In anticipation of their upcoming performances at SXSW, Austin based indie rock trio The Rocketboys have debuted a brand new song, “Bloodless,” from their long-awaited new full-length album, Build Anyway, which is scheduled for release on June 5.
- New Download: Spirit Animal – “Crocodile Skins” (musicallyamusing.com)
- New Album: Plants and Animals – The End of That (musicallyamusing.com)
- Newest Love: The Wealthy West – “Love Is Not Enough” (musicallyamusing.com)