In between one-off shows scattered around the world in the past several months The Flaming Lips have still found time to record a series of unique and experimental sessions for an album featuring a diverse cross-section of heavy friends from every corner of the musical cosmos. The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends includes vocal and musical assistance from such disparate playmates as Yoko Ono, Nick Cave, Chris Martin of Coldplay, Bon Iver, Ke$ha and many more.
Some of these tracks have already appeared on previously released, extremely limited edition color vinyl 12″ EPs released in past months, which sold out as soon as they became available. Most of the tracks on the album are being released here for the first time and will surprise even the most ardent LIPS fans.
The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends will be pressed on two high-quality, multi-color vinyl discs housed in separate custom art jackets and poly bagged together. No two discs will look exactly alike. This double album will be very limited and released exclusively for RECORD STORE DAY. Once it’s gone, it will not be repressed again making THE FLAMING LIPS AND HEADY FWENDS the most anticipated RSD release this year.
Track-listing for The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends is as follows:
- 2012 (featuring Ke$ha and Biz Markie)
- Ashes In The Air (featuring Bon Iver)
- Helping The Retarded To Know God (featuring Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)
- Supermoon Made Me Want To Pee (featuring Prefuse 73)
- Children Of The Moon (featuring Tame Impala)
- That Ain’t My Trip (featuring Jim James of My Morning Jacket)
- You, Man? Human? (featuring Nick Cave)
- I’m Working At NASA On Acid (featuring Lightning Bolt)
- Do It! (featuring Yoko Ono)
- Is David Bowie Dying? (featuring Neon Indian)
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (featuring Erykah Badu)
- Thunder Drops (featuring New Fumes)
- I Don’t Want You To Die (featuring Chris Martin of Coldplay)
About Records Store Day:
Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale on Saturday, April 21st, 2012.
For more about National Record Store Day, please visit www.recordstoreday.com