Bad Books, the collaboration between Kevin Devine and Manchester Orchestra, will release their sophomore album II on October 9 via Triple Crown Records and Favorite Gentleman. This October the band will hit the road for tour dates across the US, with stops in Seattle, Los Angeles, and a performance at Austin City Limits.
Early enthusiasm for II and lead single “Forest Whitaker” continue, as the song charts at the #2 spot on Commercial Specialty Radio and enjoys heavy airplay on Sirius XM’s Alt Nation. Last week Bad Books launched the music video for their single, which highlights a number of movie scenes from legendary actor Forest Whitaker’s extensive career.
II was recorded at Favorite Gentlemen Studios in Atlanta, GA and was produced by Devine, Manchester Orchestra’s lead singer Andy Hull, and Bad Books/Manchester Orchestra guitarist Robert McDowell. Rob Schnapf (well known for his work on Elliott Smith’s seminal recordings XO and Either/Or) leant his talent to mixing the album. II expands upon the band’s well-received self-titled debut, which won praise for the unique “union of opposites” in Hull and Devine’s songwriting explored on NPR’s All Things Considered. Alternative Press praised the dynamic as well, writing “the thing both Hull and Devine are famous for is the ability to write great songs,” going on to say that “when the two styles meet, it’s especially rewarding.”
BAD BOOKS UPCOMING TOUR DATES:
- Oct 6 – Seattle, WA @ Neumos
- Oct 7 – Portland, OR @ Doug Fir Lounge
- Oct 9 – San Francisco, CA @ Bottom Of The Hill
- Oct 10 – Los Angeles, CA @ Troubadour
- Oct 11 – San Diego, CA @ The Irenic
- Oct 12 – Phoenix, AZ @ Crescent Ballroom
- Oct 14 – Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits Music Festival
- Oct 16 – New Orleans, LA @ Parish @ House of Blues
- Oct 17 – Birmingham, AL @ Zydeco
- Oct 18 – Nashville, TN @ Mercy Lounge
- Oct 19 – Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade – Hell Stage