Argonaut & Wasp is an indie dance band from Brooklyn, NY. Inspired by the sounds of the kick drum, the electric guitar, the bass, and the synthesizer, the group creates fashionable music for fashionable crowds.
Check out “Paradise” and fall in love like I did.
“Trey and I were attending lots of DJ sets at the time (which is one of our favorite evening activities). Anyways, we would show up at all of these hip Brooklyn venues and everyone would be glued to the walls, everyone just standing there – lost in a state of confusion. We decided to capitalize on this feeling, this need for a rhythm and the need for a beat. We rushed home one of these evenings – grabbed a cowbell, picked up the guitar, and got to work.” — Argonaut & Wasp
Just two weeks out from the release of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.’s sophomore LP, The Speed of Things, the guys have dropped a brand new song, “Don’t Tell Me.” DEJJ’s Josh Epstein and Daniel Zott explain: “Before we even knew we were going to make a second album we began playing this song live almost two years ago and have been dodging questions after shows about when it was going to be made available ever since.” The track premiered with Conan O’Brien’s Team Coco yesterday.
Listen: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. – “Don’t Tell Me”
Paste recently championed DEJJ’s lead single, “If You Didn’t See Me, Then You Weren’t On The Dancefloor)” as one of the “Best Songs of Summer” alongside the likes of Daft Punk, Justin Timberlake, Vampire Weekend, and more. Teen Vogue just called out the album as one of “The Most Exciting Albums Coming Out This Fall” raving “Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. makes straightforward, infectious indie-pop that you’ll listen to again and again.”
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. have linked up with labelmates Atlas Genius for the “Ones To Watch Tour” this fall, which just launched this week. It includes two nights in NYC on October 10th and 11th at Irving Plaza, The Wiltern in LA November 6th and The Fillmore in SF November 7th. A full list of dates is below.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. Upcoming Tour Dates:
- 09/25 Pabst Theater- Milwaukee, WI*
- 09/26 Varsity Theater- Minneapolis, MN*
- 09/27 Gabe’s – Iowa City, IA
- 09/28 High Noon Saloon – Madison, WI
- 09/29 Mojo’s – Columbia, MO
- 10/01 House of Blues- Chicago, IL*
- 10/02 House of Blues- Cleveland, OH*
- 10/04 Danforth Music Hall- Toronto, ON*
- 10/05 Cabaret Mile – End – Montreal, Canada
- 10/06 Port City – Portland, ME
- 10/08 House of Blues- Boston, MA*
- 10/10 Irving Plaza- New York, NY*
- 10/11 Irving Plaza- New York, NY*
- 10/12 Theatre of the Living Arts- Philadelphia, PA*
- 10/13 The Fillmore/Silver Spring- Silver Spring, MD*
- 10/21 The Borderline – London, UK
- 10/23 Hoxton Square – London, UK
- 11/01 House of Blues- Anaheim, CA*
- 11/06 The Wiltern- Los Angeles, CA*
- 11/07 The Fillmore – San Francisco, CA
- 11/09 Crystal Ballroom- Portland, OR*
- 11/10 Venue- Vancouver, BC*
- 11/11 Neptune Theatre- Seattle, WA*
- 11/23 Detroit Masonic Temple – Detroit, MI
*”Ones to Watch” Tour w/ Atlas Genius
For the past decade, Norway’s DATAROCK have melded indie dance, new wave, pop, and funk into a custom sound responsible for a steady stream of unforgettable tracks and performances. “Catcher in the Rye” is the band at their best, instantly memorable and insanely fun. The single takes their adventurous pop to the next level. The band’s new album is due out in March and they will be launching a world tour in support of “the most extravagant single in history,” so be sure to join in on the madness!
Download “Catcher in the Rye”